Recent conversation with Meghan....
After spending 20 minutes or so arguing with her about putting on a shirt, I was started to get more than a little frustrated. I tried explaining that it was cold, that it was a pretty shirt, that it was inappropriate for her to go topless when we had people coming over.....nothing was working. Finally, I just said, "Girls wear shirts. End of discussion. Now put it on."
Her response...
"But Mommy, not all big girls wear shirts and I'm going to be in a contest. If I have a shirt on, I won't win."
?!?!?!?!?!?! I still don't know what to say to that.
I am so sorry but I am laughing a lot harder than I should be!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what you say to that either. I guess that's when you say "That's what 'naughty' grown up girls do, not sweet big girls like you".
??????? maybe??? I don't know!
Alex and I had an interesting conversation about boobies the other day....it's hard to remember that body parts don't mean the same to them as what they do to us....Oh, the things I have to look forwar to....